Etna Rosso Contrada Villagrande
The first thing you perceive is the scent of the volcano, flowers and fruit, balsamic notes derive from the two years spent in chestnut barrels. A zero-kilometer chestnut, which comes right from the woods of the estate, and which has monitored the grapes throughout the journey from the rows to the bottle.
The sensation on the palate is surprising, because the tannin of the wood is associated with an unusual touch of liveliness, obviously gentle and very fine.
48 in stock
– Production area: Milo Contrada Villagrande (700 m)
– Exposure: South-East
Vines: Nerello Mascasele 80%, Nerello Cappuccio and Nerello Mantellato 20%
– Plants: Guyot, 7000 plants per hectare Yield / 40 hectoliters per hectare
– Aging: 500L chestnut barrels for 24 months and one year in bottle.
– Serving temperature: 16-18 ° C
– View: Ruby red, bright, fluid.
– Smell: Hints of violet, fruit from the woods that evolve in balsamic complexes and aromatic herbs.
– Taste: Elegance and balance of drink, persistent minerality and well balanced tannins, persistent aftertaste characterized by strong notes of red fruit, herbs or cinali and spices.
– Pairings: Large meat dishes long and succulent cooking. Perfect with Nebrodi Black Pig and sweet and sour dishes.
– Notes: Only large thousandths are produced, when the territory gives perfect balance and conditions for making a great wine.
– Guarantee: Guaranteed up to twenty years from the vintage.