A wine with many stories to tell
Etna is a world apart in not only Sicilian but Mediterranean oenology. The heat of the South is combined with mists, temperature changes, frequent rains, in short, there is a hint of great North in these wines. It is perceived in delicately fruity, herbaceous and forest tones, softened by chestnut barrels in which this wine rests for 1 year.
35 in stock
– Production area: Milo and Castiglione di Sicilia.
Vines: Nerello Mascalese 80%, Nerello Cappuccio and Nerello Mantellato 20%
Yield: 50 hectoliters per hectare
– Fermentation: In steel with 6-10 days maceration.
– Aging: 500L chestnut barrels for 12 months. Bottling 18 months after the harvest.
– Serving temperature: 18 ° C
– View: Bright and fluid ruby red.
– Nose: Floral scents of violets and fresh fruit from the woods, followed by light herbaceous notes.
– Taste: Tannic but not aggressive, well balanced by a marked acidity and a fresh and persistent fruit.
– Pairings: Sliced red meat and tuna, roast sea and land, excellent with cold cuts from the Nebrodi mountains and with sweet and sour dishes.
– Notes: A company trademark. Experience explains the balance of this wine, acidity and tannin on one side, fruit and minerality on the other.
– Guarantee: To be drunk immediately, but guaranteed up to fifteen years from the vintage.